Thanks, Scott - that's helpful to know.  When I first tried it I didn't like
how close the two signatures were to each other (looked like a time sig. of
93/84), but I enlarged the font size of the space to make it look right.

Gardner Read refers to this and similar situations as combined meters (p.
166 of "Music Notation") and puts the second signature in parentheses, or in
the case of 6/8 and 3/4, for example, separates them with an equal sign.

So, is there a way to do this totally within Finale's time signature and not
resort to also using an expression?  I tried briefly to do this and didn't
really come up with anything.

Thanks,

Don Hart