Darcy James Argue wrote:

I haven't tried cmd-shift-D, but last time I had the problem, I noticed it *before* closing windows because, although the displayed file was correct, printing it resulted in printing a completely different file. Re-opening the same document from Finale's File menu (without closing the first instance of the document) solved the problem. So there is clearly a "grace period" where the data can be recovered if you notice what's going on and take the appropriate steps.

Yes, the behaviour you describe is logical. The reason it's the correct file that's displaying is because of Finale's display buffers. What's actually displayed in the window is a picture of the "correct" document, while when printing all data is retrieved from the document database itself.
Zooming in/out or switching between scroll/page view should also rebuild the display buffer, btw (=show the actual document contents).

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson