> I was always wondering how metronome value are divided, meaning,
> I am used to increment by two from 40 up to 60, but I have never seen 62.
>  It's 60, 63, 66, 69, 72.  But next is not 75.  It's 76, is it not?  I
> always _felt_ this is something to do with how human naturally relates to
> pulse, but it could had only been my imagination.

Just a numerical sequence it seems that each number is a rounded off
percentage increase from the previous one. It may be that just noticeable
differences in tempo are percentage differences rather than absolute
differences. A little experimentation with a calculator shows that the
percent increase in the sequence is 5 percent (I did not try all of the
metronome numbers, just the ones you listed.)

Richard Yates