I have used Panther almost since the day it became available--in fact, I deliberately avoided working with OSX at all until it became a mature OS.

All my remarks are based on the way my computer behaves in Panther, and regular readers of this list will be aware of some (about 50%) of the severe problems I have encountered in using this supposedly superior system.

The only reason I use OSX at all is that the planned obsolescence of both System 9 and the hardware to run it has required me to do so.

Pure highway robbery.

Among the adverse effects is that on Finale: The program has actually gotten worse since 2K2 (wh. was the finest iteration of the program in its history), and almost all the deficiencies are due to the requirements of OSX. Press three keys to toggle scroll/page view? Give me a break!