From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of dhbailey
Sent: 31 January 2005 19:27
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Imploding music?

Johannes Gebauer wrote:

> Is there a quick way to do this:
> I have a first and second violin part on separate staves. Most of the
> time they are the same, but there are a few measures where they are
> different. I need to combine these two staves into one for the flute
> parts, which are supposed to be on one stave, with the standard
> multi-part distribution (ie when they are the same only one layer,
when
> there are two parts they should be on two layers).
>
> Is this possible, or do I have to do this manually?
>
> Johannes

imploding will give strange rhythms which won't be what you're looking
for, quite likely.

I think you may have to do it manually, using layers for those sections
where the parts differ.  Or you might consider keeping the layers for
the entire part and showing stems up/down to guarantee that both parts
play.

--
David H. Bailey