On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 05:28:28 -0800, Richard Yates
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > if you ever thought finale was a notational pain in the arse, check this
> > out:
> > http://www.accordionpage.com/hownotation.html
> > maybe someone on the list living in sweden could get on a dogsled and
> > visit this guy to invite him into our century?
>
> I note that the last line on the page says " I then print to a (EPS) file
> from the notation program, using the Postscript printer driver."
>
> Maybe Finale should move up to HIS century.

Ah! MusicTime! That's what I used in high school (albeit the "Deluxe"
version) to scribble out my compositions.I thought it was so cool that
I could hook my keyboard up to my old Windows 3.1 machine and get what
I thought was professional output.

Nowadays, of course, that program isn't worth the CD it's burned to,
but G-VOX is still trying to sell it. It's somewhat of an "Encore
Lite."

I find it interesting (as Richard mentioned) that he mentions no
problems printing to EPS from such an antiquated notation program.
MusicTime still "dumbs down" Windows, even XP, to run in a
Win3.1-style 16-bit architecture!

--
Brad Beyenhof
[EMAIL PROTECTED]