d. collins wrote:
Lee Actor écrit:

Apparently not, which surprised me.  Sure enough, I'm using the TrueType
version of Maestro in Finale.  I don't suppose this is an option for you?

Well, the TT version of Maestro is an option (though Finale recommends using the PS version with laser printers, and the TT version with inkjets: but does anyone follow this recommendation?), but all my other fonts are PS, and I wouldn't want to give them up. I can't imagine using Times New Roman or Arial...

Dennis

I don't recall if you are on Mac or Windows, but Windows comes with Times New Roman and Arial as truetype fonts.

I'm not sure why they would recommend PS fonts over TT fonts for laser printers - not all laser printers come with PS capabilities.

Personally, I have tried the PS fonts and the TT fonts on my laser printer (which does have PS capability) and I can't see a difference in output. The printer is the HP Laserjet 2100M. Both font types look terrific.

--
David H. Bailey