I am acutely aware of the physics involved in music - always, albeit at a subconscious level that some might describe as trivial.

As I am planning sounds - is the piano lid open or closed, French Horns face backward and spread their sound, gut strings sound different than steel, French double reed players adjust the reeds to make a different sound, etc. To me this is physics. It has become intuitive, but it's still physics. It is a also a matter of psycho-acoustics that leads those who want to write "non-harmonic" music to eschew powerful bass notes whose overtones are in the most sensitive part of human hearing so that they tend to lead the listener to hear harmony. To me, that's physics too, and ignorance of it would not improve my music. My 2c.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836