As you can tell, I'm seriously out of my depth and in dire need of a raft.

Regards
John

On 9 Mar 2005, at 03:54, Williams, Jim wrote:

John,
When you installed GPO, there should have been a prompt that asked you where you wanted the program to look for the VSTs.
First of all--when you installed GPO, did you install both the standalone and the VST options? If you did not install the VST version, that's your problem. You should install the VST.
For us on PCs, VSTs are usually found in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins...not sure where they are on a Mac.
If GPO is your only VST, you should point the installer to your equivalent of C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\VST...sorry, but I'm Mac-ignorant.

First, make sure that BOTH the standalone and the VST are installed. If you did not install the VST, do so now, and tell the installer where GPO should look for the GPO VST program.

I'm grading papers now--so I may be back later...Jim

        -----Original Message-----
        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of John Bell
        Sent: Tue 08-Mar-05 22:04
        To: finale@shsu.edu
        Subject: Re: [Finale] GPO

Jim, thank you so much for taking the trouble to reply. I have now
installed Personal Orchestra Studio but when I try to open it I get an
error message: VST Directory does not exist!!! (their exclamations not
mine).

Finale can now see GPO so there is some progress. But in the Instrument
list all I see is the old GM patches as before.

John