On 14 Mar 2005 at 13:36, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

> At 01:20 PM 3/14/05 -0500, David W. Fenton wrote:
> >Now, I know that proper engraving rules for a single part are that
> >you *don't* have a left line on a single system, but this isn't a
> >single part. The part is here (all on one line):
> >http://www.bway.net/~dfenton/Collegium/Scores/Charpentier-
> >TenebraeLessons.PDF
>
> How about creating a staff group, using the straight bracket (last
> bracket in the dialog in 2K3), setting the bracket's left offset to
> zero, and checking "show bracket if group contains only one staff"?
> Will that work for you?

Naturally, it would, but changing the document option for left
barlines fixed it in a much easier fashion (much less time).

I have never actually liked the "official" engraving style with no
left barline -- I think it's hard to read, as it certainly was in the
case of my part.

I do recognize that if I were going to extract parts I'd probably be
better off defining the page-view staff group.