John Bell wrote:

Computers arrived. One of the first problems I encountered then was that players, given beautifully printed parts, couldn't believe that there was a wrong note there -- it was printed as F# so it must be F#. Some composers and arrangers found that using the Jazz or Inkpen font ameliorated this situation. Players seeing the handwritten font no longer felt that their parts had somehow been authorised by a superior body.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that pulls their hair out when they run across this. "It looks so professional, it MUST be right!" when the parts make no sense at all...

cd