Rob Deemer wrote:

Hello all,

I'm finishing up orchestrating a ballet (aka my dissertation) and I'm running
into an odd
problem. When I'm working in the Text Expression Designer and have an
expression that has
more than one line, the Justification tools are greyed out. Any ideas on why
this is and
how I can get it working again? Thanks!

My best answer: the designers of Finale consider that an expression is going to be so short that it can fit into a single line, and that therefore, justification is unnecessary, and didn't provide for justification in expressions. Best workaround: hide the expressions, and create a duplicate expression as a measure attached text-block if you need the justification.

I haven't had the need to use this feature yet, so I've not tried this second choice: use hard [non-breaking] spaces to put the justification in manually. In windows, the nonbreaking space is created by pressing down the "Alt-" key, while entering the digits "0173" on the numeric keypad.

ns