john harding wrote:
Richard Yates wrote:

Is there any way at all, short of reentering all the notes, of getting

Sibelius score into Finale (even just as MIDI)?
Richard Yates

It'll cost some money, but if you buy the MusicXML plug-in for Sibelius

from www.recordare.com, you can export the music into MusicXML format,

I'm no Finalist, but I did once save a Sibelius score as MIDI and then open it in Finale. I wanted to see if it would (unlike Sibelius) notate multiple Scotch Snaps correctly, which it did. The formatting seemed to have flown out the window, and others will know better than I whether that was recoverable. I'd be interested to know, actually, because I'm still sitting on a folder with about 200 backward-facing scotch snaps, and it's either Finale or pen and ink.

Formatting issues are part of the native file format and NOT part of midi data, so it is not recoverable.

Formatting issues ARE recoverable if you use the Sibelius Dolet plug-in from Recordare to export Sibelius into MusicXML format, then use the Finale Dolet plug-in to import into Finale. Much more is transferabel that way.