On 23 Mar 2005 at 10:26, Brad Beyenhof wrote:

> I'm actually not exactly sure, but that's what Leo Laporte has always
> said to callers on his technology radio show. I made sure to clean out
> every trace of spyware before upgrading, so I don't know what might
> have happened if I hadn't.

Why would anyone *not* want to clean out spyware, whether they are
installing an OS service pack or not?

I still cannot fathom why anyone with any technical knowledge at all
would still be using Internet Explorer for anything at all -- it's a
terrible program in terms of security, compatibility with standards
and usability. It has been vastly surpassed by every other browser
available, none of which have even 10% of the dangerous exploits as
it.

Why anyone would put up with pop-ups (or use a browser that requires
add-on software to prevent pop-ups) I can't imagine, especially with
all the publicity the alternative browsers have been getting.

I have *no* spyware on my PC because I don't use software that is
vulnerable to it or that install it itself. Why is it that everyone
is not wanting the same thing?