Yes: with FinMac 2005 I followed your steps and got the same result, both with a new file without libraries and with a copy of the default file. I also tried changing to different time signatures (6/8, 3/2, composite...), in several measures or only one measure, with the same result.

As far as I can tell, the bug has no serious consequences, since there is no need to have Independent Key Signature checked for a single staff score. But it's worrying all the same.

And other weird things happen. Try these steps:

- New Document Without Libraries: time signature is 'C'
- Add 5 measures (makes 2 systems)
- Fill measures 4 to 6 with 12 quarter notes
- Use Staff Attributes to set independent key signature (please note: KEY signature, not time signature!)
- Change to Time Signature tool, double-click on the first measure and change the time signature to 3/4 (or any other, as far as I can make out)
- When I have finished these steps, the time signature is still 'C' but the music I entered in measures 4 to 6 has moved to measures 1 to 3

Note that the bug does not appear if independent TIME signature is also checked.

Best wishes,

Michael Cook