Giovanni Andreani wrote:

This is a task I've never done before with eps created from Finale.
I need to change the color of the staff and complete notation from the
default black to other color(s).

How about changing the color of the various notation elements visible in Finale, and then printing your document?

ns

Thank you Noel,

I've never done this before.
What steps do you follow?

Giovanni Andreani

Under the VIEW menu is the Select Display Colors option. Set them as you wish, and then when you print, check the box Print Display Colors.

While this can be a step towards what you want, what you CAN'T do is to have a different color for each pitch, you can only have a different color for each layer.

So if your idea is to print music where each pitch is color coded to help with things such as boomwhackers, you're out of luck doing it straight from Finale.

Sibelius has this ability -- perhaps Finale will gain it soon and start to recapture some of the education market. I understand that boomwhackers are a huge phenomenon in elementary school classrooms. I guess because kids get to hit things with no great technique required while learning.

--
David H. Bailey