Listers,

Let me start by saying that my usual pattern for getting sheet music "out the door" is usually rushed, and under tight deadlines. So, quite often I just accept many of the Finale defaults. I find it easier to just make excuses rather then spend time tweaking the layout. :-(

Anyway, I have recently had the liberty of going back to some of my work and finally doing some cleanup (it was pretty ugly). I have been spending my morning futzing with beat charts (I think that's what they're called). However, I have noticed something rather strange. The top measure has two half notes, but the third and fourth staves down in the system have eigth notes and triplets. When I click on the beat chart handle for the measure (in the measure tool), I only get two beats that I can adjust (the two half notes). Short of using the special tools to adjust individual notes, is there a way to allow the adjustment of these subdivisions?