I've posted on this topic before, but to review:

I've found that many of my old scores which have been converted from earlier versions of Finale have developed duplicate hairpins. In other words, there are two identical smart shape hairpins lying directly on top of each other. (Most of the time I don't even notice, since I almost always use the TGTools shortcuts to move hairpins, instead of dragging them.)

When I first brought this up, some people suggested it might be the fault of the new copying anomalies introduced in Fin2k5. I have to admit, most of those have not bothered me, mainly because I almost never use "Copy Everything," and I use note expressions (not measure expressions) for virtually everything except rehearsal letters and tempo indications, etc. But apparently some of the copying weirdness in Fin2k5 affects smart shapes as well. Okay, I can understand that when copying hairpins from one staff to the ones below, some duplication might occur. Fine.

But now I find myself looking at a piece where I *know* for a fact I've never copied the hairpins in the sop. sax solo part to any other part. And yet, almost all of the hairpins in that part have been duplicated. Has anyone else seen this?

The other thing is that there are never more than two hairpins. I would expect, if there were some kind of copying anomaly that caused hairpins to spawn clones, they would just keep piling up, but they don't. When the hairpins have been duped, there's always just two of them, no more.

I'm trying to pinpoint this behavior a little better so I can file a report with Coda. Has anyone else seen their hairpins duplicated like this? If so, under what circumstances?

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY