Christopher Smith schrieb:
It is SO easy in Finale to have separate parts for all instruments (except perc,, chorus, and string section divisions) that I would do that. You can format the flute 1 part, then copy the flute 2 music into it and save under the new name to preserve the same formatting. I could do it in five minutes, and probably less than that.

This is not my decision. I don't care either way, but the publisher's decision is to have one part.

However, that being said, you asked how to do it if they were on the same page, so I would answer: it depends. If there is much waffling back and forth between unisons for a single note, or if the part is in the least complex (eighth notes or more at a medium tempo) then I would definitely separate the staves. Only put them together on the same staff if both parts are dead easy.

They are almost completely the same, with the exception of a few bars which are in thirds, mostly.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de