On 3 May 2005, at 04:31, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

John Bell / 2005/05/03 / 11:19 PM wrote:

Dashboard brings up a set of "Widgets" like World Clock and Unit
Convertor which are good but I don't really see the point -- they
could surely just be in the Dock like the Calculator was.

Really?! I am definitely loving it!

The three I am using a lot are Dashboard Monitor (download from Apple)
to see your CPU, disk I/O, memory, and network activity, Translator/
Dictionary which is very handy for me, and Exchange rate calculator, all
comes up by just hitting F12. Much, much quicker than starting an app
one by one when you need it.

Hey Hiro you're probably right, I agree that the Translator/ Dictionary is great (I don't speak a word of Japanese so it should be at least as handy to me as to you) it's just that I don't understand what advantage the Dashboard gives. Why is it better to go to the Dashboard rather than have these things available in the Dock?

I'm not trying to quarrel with you I just don't understand what you mean by saying it's much quicker.
John