Andrew Stiller wrote:

I have FinMac 2K4, and I'm working w. a composer who uses FinMac 2K5. We had arranged that he would make pdf files of his scores, which I can read and print w. Acrobat Reader 6.0.1, but now we have hit a snag.

To make a choral octavo, my usual practice is to assign the Finale page size to 7" x 8.5", then print 2-up as a staple-bound booklet on folded legal paper.

OK, keeping in mind that I use WINfin, and there may be reasons that may not work on a MAC. why not have your composer friend use the printing dialogs so that the ~.pdfs you receive are the composition printed 2 up landscape on 8-1/2 x 14 paper. He may need to send the pages separately, but you can print the pdfs out, fold, and staple as you normally do.

Alternatively, you can download the Ghostscript / Ghostview utility for MAC, and have your friend download and install the driver for a postscript printer (such as the HP 5000). He uses the printer dialog to set the composition for booklet printing, two-up on 8-1/2 x 14 paper in landscape format, and print to file. He forwards to you the printer file, and you use Ghostscript / Ghostview to take the ~.ps file, and convert that to a ~.pdf.

Or, of course, he can download the Ghostscript / Ghostview utility, too, and do the conversion himself.