I take it there's no tradition whatsoever in which the cb bass clef
is played 8ba and the cb treble clef 16ba? That means that the
recording I have is just fulla beans, eh?

David W. Fenton

Use of the treble clef in any cb part of that era is so very rare that one can hardly speak of a tradition of any kind, and I would imagine each case has to be treated as unique. I would agree with you, then, that the meaning of the notation must be determined by examining the musical results produced by various interpretations.

Unfortunately, it is a rare performer indeed who thinks that way.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/