On May 3, 2005, at 12:38 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

On 3 May 2005 at 8:21, Christopher Smith wrote:

As I had mentioned, though, the bug seems to occur when Finale has been open and running for a long time, which might be the result of some sort of build-up that can be avoided by rebooting (or quitting and re-launching Finale at a minimum.) . . .

Quitting and restarting Finale is not a "reboot," which is a term reserved for the operating system.

Yes, I know, which is why I specified that quitting and relaunching Finale is the minimum, but I ALSO can reboot (the computer.)

None of the modern OS's should require rebooting, ever. All NT-based versions of Windows and OS X have memory management and resource limits that should allow them to run for months, if not years, without reboots.

That's comforting to know. Yet sometimes things get logy in OSX, and a reboot solves it, where quitting and relaunching apps doesn't. I don't know why, but the reboot works.

Christopher