Thanks.

I do know about the group deal, and that is the reason I am enquiring about it now.

Unfortunately there aren't really that many string demos on the site, and the only one which has a mixture of solo and ensemble strings doesn't sound all that great (the 4 seasons). Better than the Finale sound for sure, but...

If someone has a classical or romantic string quartet and make an mp3 (low/medium quality stereo) of a small excerpt, preferably a fast movement, that would help a lot...

Johannes

Williams, Jim schrieb:
Hello, Johannes...

I am a GPO user.  It should meet your needs well once you learn how
to control its expressiveness with Finale. Please go to
www.garritan.com, where you will find many demos, including strings.
I am a PC user, but from what I hear/see, your Mac is powerful enough
for smaller ensembles.

You might want to know that there is currently a "group buy" that
will allow you to buy GPO for $139 USD. Since I already own GPO, I
have not paid this much attention.Please go to the Forum at
www.garritan.com for details.

You will find NOTHING better than that!!  Please let me know if I can
answer more questions for you.

Jim

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of
Johannes Gebauer Sent: Tue 24-May-05 8:55 To: Finale list Cc: Subject: [Finale] TAN: GPO question
I haven't really been following the GPO discussions lately, but I am
now getting so very sick of the really bad and out of tune violin
patches that I am looking for alternatives.  Question: Would GPO
allow me to play back a classical string quartet with some realizm? I
am not necessarily interested in the perfect performance.  Would my
iBook G4 1.3GHz with 1.2GB Ram be sufficient for playing back ensembles of 4-6 instruments? Are there any alternatives which are cheaper? Is here a demo online with some solo violin samples? Johannes -- http://www.musikmanufaktur.com http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de _______________________________________________ Finale mailing list Finale@shsu.edu http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale