On 24 May 2005 at 17:42, Chuck Israels wrote:

> In order to get a custom smart shape library from document to
> document, make a document which has all custom smart shapes attached
> to one measure, copy that measure into a new document (template,
> whatever) and then delete the unwanted measure.  I haven't had a
> chance to try it yet, but Bill Duncan suggested it to Greg Hamilton,
> and I think it should work.

Well, I just tried this, and I'm getting precisely the same error as
I was getting with the SAVE LIBRARY -- one particular definition is
losing it's flipped shape.

But here's an added wrinkle: I used 5 staves to copy a whole lot of
stuff, and the notes in one of the staves simply aren't copying.

So, I tried putting all the articulations for that measure on the
first note of the measure (which was successfully copying). This
didn't work, either.

Apparently something in my source file is corrupt and it won't let me
save things out of that file.

But DATA CHECK | CHECK INTEGRITY doesn't find anything wrong.

It makes me crazy to have all these problems.

Libraries won't save completely.

Copy won't copy all the notes.

I don't know if it's because the files are from old versions of
Finale or not. But I don't see why I should think that's a problem --
it's clearly a badly broken subsection of Finale.