Given the Finale for OS X initial fiasco, I am wondering if they send developer(s) to these developer's conference at all. I really hope that there's someone there to get what the mac team needs to avoid extremely frustrating experiences for customers, like the port to Finale 2004 has been. I don't want to hear anymore that MakeMusic is a small company that doesn't have the resources to get the work done. I guess that if there is no MM developer there, that nobody will tell it to us (MM folks on the list) for obvious reasons. On the other hand if they do, it can't hurt to just say it. Let's see.
But I want to stay optimistic and hope that everything will just be fine...

I think we all need to remember that while this is news to us, it isn't news to Apple....this transition has been in the works for several years now... Everything has been designed to run on both chip sets going back several years.

Also, XCode has a checkbox that allows the developer to choose between PowerPC, Intel or both. I don't know if Coda has written code that is specifically written to a specific type of processor or not (which wouldn't be a wise thing)...but most developers will simply have to do a recompile to add the Intel chip. Not a big deal. I think issues will be easier than moving from 68K to PowerPC for sure.

Regarding this specific Intel chip...word on the street is that there is a specific type of chip called Itanium which, if rumors are true, will be used in Apple hardware. This is an old article but I think this may be the case. And I have heard this rumor from more than one source (though none of them are Mark Felt.)

<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,939886,00.asp>

I think this is great news for Apple...I think this will result in a big boost in processor speeds...now, regarding Coda...I'm not as optimistic...but willing to give the benefit of a doubt...for now...

Hoping for the best because I really love Finale,

Karen