I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean. How would last-minute changes to, e.g., Quark have any impact whatsoever on Finale's release date? (It's not like Coda were sitting around and wait for Quark to ship before they began work on Carbonizing Finale. Or maybe they were? It would certainly explain some things... )

The point is that Finale was, as far as I am aware, the last major actively-developed app to ship a native OS X version. Fin2k4 shipped in January 2004 -- two years and ten months after the initial release of OS X.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY

On 07 Jun 2005, at 1:12 PM, Phil Daley wrote:

I will have to say, in defense of the Finale devs, anytime you are releasing "after" somebody, if they change things at the last moment, you are screwed.

At 6/7/2005 12:54 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

>Fin2004 was released after the X versions of Quark, Cubase and Protools.
>
>- Darcy
>-----
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Brooklyn, NY
>

>On 07 Jun 2005, at 9:15 AM, Christopher Smith wrote:

>>> It was such a great race to be last...
>>>
>>> Who _did_ win? Was it Quark or MM? I can't remember :-!
>>>

>> Weren't Cubase (Steinberg) and Protools pretty late, too?

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley