Brennon,

Harold Owen has tutorials on a web site (if I remember correctly). It seems like a good idea to contact him <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for more information. It's useful to go through a tutorial, even if it seems to be taking a lot of time in the process of doing it. It will surely save time in the long run, and templates are definitely the way to go. Even one basic template, from which others can be made, can save a succession of seconds and minutes that turn into hours.

The FinaleTips site on Make Music's web site will provide useful suggestions as well.

If you are like me, then you may believe that you are too slow to benefit from timesaving methods, and that the time it takes to go through procedures multiple times aids in the learning of a new program. This may be true, for a short period, but the time saving methods developed by others who have trod the path are the things to use, once you've achieved basic familiarity. Everyone will tell you that they depend on their templates to create an efficient working environment.

Hope this helps.

Chuck