On 10 Jun 2005 at 13:19, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

[quoting me:]
> >Nor do I. I don't run full-time virus monitoring, because the benefit
> >is not worth the CPU cycles it uses up.
>
> I hope you aren't passing the viruses along as the result of not
> saying on top of this.

How, exactly, could I do that?

I'm all ears.

I know plenty of reasons why it's not possible at all, but I'd sure
like to hear what you think could possibly be happening here.

Free clue: AV software does not prevent you from infecting your
computer, nor does it prevent you from passing them on.

> >>  In addition...historically, Apple machines have run more
> >>  efficiently on lower mhz machines vs. their PC
> >>  counterparts...(google it) though reports are somewhat subjective
> >>  and I prefer to not get into yet another Mac vs. PC war.  I'll
> >>  stick with my own experience ("benchmark testing") thank you.
> >
> >In other words, you were talking out your ass.
>
> If you are saying that the many years of experience I have been
> sitting in front of both PC's and Macs...reading and comparing specs
> for both...running them both...etc. etc.  counts for nothing and that
> I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about, then yes, I am
> talking out of my ass as you so tastefully put it.

If you'd posted the paragraph beginning "In addition...historically"
instead of nattering on about performance and benchmarks, I don't
believe anyone would have responded as they did.

*How* you say something is as important as what you're trying to say.

Of course, I also think the meaning of the present version of your
assertion is substantially more limited than that of your original.