On 16 Jun 2005, at 01:48, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I use the Explode Music feature that is built in to Finale for this but using a little bit of a different method when two parts are sharing stems in some places and unison in others.  (This leaves the notes where things are unison intact.)

[...]
Jeez, Karen, just get TGTools.  It can do everything you want in a single step.  There's no point in going through such elaborate workarounds when there's a plugin that does exactly what you want in a fraction of the time.

Hi Darcy,

This isn't exactly elaborate....I do have TGtools and I still use this. Also, as an alternative for those that may not have TGtools figured this works fine.  Even with TGtools aren't you still having to save the parts separately and deal with layouts etc.?  Then delete the other staff or hide it or special part extract?

Hi Karen

I agree with Darcy -- TGtools is so much better for this purpose. If your flute 1/2 part has sections in 2 layers, passages of 2 notes in 1 layer, and unison or solo bits then TGtools deals with all of them in one pass. I do use Explode Music quite often for other things, but for editing parts TG is streets ahead.

Regards
John