--- "David W. Fenton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Longhorn is *not* going to make their lives simpler,
> because MS is
> implementing a competitor to PDF in Longhorn, and
> perhaps this new
> standard will go beyond that towards doing what EPS
> does. MM is going
> to have to decide if they will support that in
> Longhorn, as well as
> deciding if they're going to fix EPS, which probably
> won't be made
> any easier in Longhorn (it may very well be no
> harder, either).

My point wasn't that it would make their lives simpler
but that it could be the type of change that forces
them to work with that area of the program. I didn't
mention it, but I also was thinking about the special
PDF competitor that Microsoft is including. If
MakeMusic chooses to support that, the work they do
there might very well spill over into EPS. Who knows
how related the technologies will be. I would actually
be somewhat surprised if working on one didn't help
with the other.

Tyler