Yes, I realise that, just as there are many more "dominants" available than the one built on the 5th degree (speaking of both dominant function and dominant quality).

Some of these concepts have grown so much that they deserve their own terms. Like the bVII dominant7 chord resolving to I in jazz is so much more common than say, a Neopolitain chord in the idiom that it is only right that it should have its own name, too. One school calls it a "backdoor" resolution, which is at least easy to spell and say, even if it is less than descriptive.

Christopher