Ken Durling wrote:
At 05:05 PM 7/5/2005, you wrote:

Feathered beams - do you mean accel/decell angled beams, or something else?

Yes, that's what I mean. You can do them in Sib with a simple line tool. So they don't play back unless you're willing to build up a complex set of nested tuplets.

For these, I fill the required duration with 128th notes (or whatever is necessary). Change noteheads which you don't want to be an invisible character. Use the Secondary Beam Angle tool to create the increasing or decreasing angle. Then use the Note Mover tool to space the stems as you wish - the beam angles lock to the first and last notes, so the intermidate stems can be places to indicate the change of tempo, should you wish.

All of this needs to be done at a late stage, when the measure widths etc. are all set up, otherwise it all needs re-doing later on!

And if at the last moment you decide you need an extra beam, create a custom line tool, using the width of the beam (in Document Options).

I hope this makes some sense!

Owain