At 07:52 AM 07/06/2005, Cecil Rigby wrote:
>OK, everyone- slap me if I missed something.

Okay...SLAP! <g>

> There are 25 background
>pictures available in Fin'03........ And if you wanna make your own, do it
>and put it in the resources folder....

Those get applied *behind* the music paper, in page view only. That is, they function as the "desktop" on which your music paper is sitting.

Textured paper in Sibelius and Finale changes the way the actual *page* looks, so that it can be something other than blinding white.

(I should add, with a slight sense of dread, that I hope the Finale implementation includes scroll view as well as page view. I use scroll view exclusively for entering and editing music, switching to page view only to do layout chores -- in fact, the lack of a scroll view is one of the biggest things keeping me from switching to Sibelius -- and I would be very disappointed if Finale had implemented this in a way that only works with page view. I agree that it's not a huge feature, but it would be nice to be able to select an off-white background.)

Aaron.