At 11:34 AM 7/6/05 -0400, Andrew Stiller wrote:
>Dynamic linking is useful only if
>you make musically significant  changes  in the score that need to be
>reflected in the parts. I won't say I never do that, but it only
>happens once or twice a year, and almost never impacts more than one or
>two parts.

This is the fun part of a diverse user base!

I use Finale for composition a good chunk of the time, so there can be
changes needed after the score & parts are sent to the musicians, and
frequently after each rehearsal, depending on the attitude of the players.
Dynamic linking would cut the work down dramatically.

Last year, for example, a commissioned orchestral piece was deemed too much
work for the performers, and the conductor provided me with a long list of
suggested simplifications. They were all reasonable, and modifications to
other parts would cover all the changes. But it required re-creating all
the parts, which was most of the time spent.

Dennis