On 06 Jul 2005, at 11:25 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

But you HAD objected to the concept of having two different windows open on the same file - why?

I personally much prefer the default Sibelius behavior, where you can simply click a button to switch between Score View and Part View without spawning a new window. I never resize Finale windows so I can see two documents at once (or two views of the same document) -- if I need to compare two parts, or two different sections of the score, I print them out.

It just strikes me as potentially confusing to have separate windows for each part (plus the score) when they are not, in fact, separate documents. The name in the title bar is different for each part (obviously), but this really is like opening multiple instances of the same document, and I don't think that's something most Mac users routinely do.

I still think Finale should support it -- after all, I can see how people would find the separate windows useful. I just wanted to voice my support for *also* including the option to switch from Score View to Parts View within a single window.

Have you downloaded the Sibelius demo and tried this out? The UI for Dynamic Parts takes a little getting used to (at least for me). This isn't to take away from the solution they chose, which is a good one. It's just that the whole concept of Dynamic Parts is a tough UI nut to crack, and as soon as you get into multiple windows, it's hard to make it obvious what's going on.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY