David W. Fenton wrote:

On 6 Jul 2005 at 20:40, Christopher Smith wrote:

[re: Human Playback:]

Some items, like trills, are surprisingly good, though.

How do you control what note it starts on?

And are the trills metronomically regular, or do they start slow and then speed up? Can they be made to crescendo?

It's not that good. I would hope that MakeMusic, since it seems hell-bent on improving playback at the expense of notational issues, would give us a lot more flexibility in defining/editing human playback.

A check-list of items such as you mention concerning trills would be wonderful -- other things such as controlling the rate of ritardando, the length of holds, etc. would be desirable as well.

I asked for this stuff a while ago and got a "thank you, we'll pass it on to the development team" reply which read more like a "go away, kid, you bother me" message.

--
David H. Bailey