Yes, that's at the top of my list too: Intelligent vertical spacing for staves within each system and between each system.

I can't imagine which users would not benefit from this feature. As a performer, I'm sick of having to use scores where the staves are too far apart: in many cases people seem to have just kept the Finale default spacing, which leaves far too much white space. This happens even with scores from reputable publishers: for an orchestral score the paper will be far too big (A3 is typical in Europe), but the staves and notes will be surprisingly small and hard to read. I think that the use of programs such as Finale has helped to spread the strange idea that a well-made score should have equally spaced staves and systems: this needs to change.

Michael Cook