Richard Yates wrote:

Well, I downloaded it, tried it, and looked at your example. I don't get it,
though. If there is stuff under the semitransparent box you can't read
either. It there is nothing under it, then it does not need to be
semitransparent. In your erxample one box covers only a bit of the title -
which you know anyway. The other one is hardly readable and it is over a
blank spot on a staff.

Sure, it's not perfect - and a static screenshot isn't the best demonstration. I find it very useful for general visualisation when moving acrpss parts in page view at 200%-plus zoom, compared to having opaque toolbars all over the place.

The 'always on top' feature could save a lot of time in resizing and
positioning windows though.

It certainly does!