Darcy James Argue schrieb:
On 08 Jul 2005, at 11:02 AM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

Well, I tried this, how awful!!!
Now whenever there is an uneven number of notes in a measure it ends up being off-beat emphasized.

When you need to break the down-up pattern, use the keyswitched bowing indications (which are expressions, not articulations) to get, e.g., two upbows in a row. Then switch back to the "alternate downbows and upbows" expression on the downbeat.

Yes, I realize this is the idea behind it. But you see, playback is not half as important to me to even start doing this. If I need to go through all these things to get decent playback out of GPO it's definitely not what I hoped for. Improvements in engraving matters, ease of use, linked parts, etc is much more important to me.

I am currently working on some string quartets, and it would take hours to go through them with downbows just to get proper bowing. And it would still sound like an army of elephants. Basically to get what I want I would have to put a marking on nearly every note.

Johannes
Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com