At 12:39 PM 7/8/2005, you wrote:
And my main objection was that I could never figure out, once the
music was entered, how to (in Finale terms):

1. change the page percentage OR

2. change the system percentage

The music was TOO BIG. I wanted it smaller. I couldn't figure out a
way to do that. And the result was something I'd never show anyone
else, because it looked like a kindergarten exercise.

Objection overruled. Don't blame Sibelius for what you don't know how to do. This is a very basic setting under Layout > Document Setup> Staff Size. I don't know Finale well enough to know exactly what is meant by "page percentage" but I suspect that it's under House Styles> Engraving Rules> Staves> Justify when ____% full? I could be wrong.

Ken