Rocky Road wrote:

Do they allow two "locations" like Finale do from the one purchase? I have Finale on my laptop for mobile work and on a desktop computer for office work.

Yes, they do. And unlike Finale, you can also use an "unregister" function to automatically unregister one copy with their servers, and then install it on a different machine, so it's easy to move your two copies of Sibelius between any number of machines.

I've seen some complaints that this doesn't always work, but my school has a copy of Sibelius 3, and I have moved it between a computer at work, a computer at my home and a laptop I borrowed for a trip last year (had to be able to reprint some parts in case the kids lost them!) without any problems.

To be honest I think Sibelius's reputation for having a draconian copy protection scheme is unjustified, particularly since Finale 2004 introduced almost exactly the same system, except that with Finale you still can't de-authorize one of your computers without getting in touch with the folks at Coda to reinstall on another computer.

Best,
-WR