James gilbert asked:

In Sibelius:
1 - Can I position the Title text anywhere I want it to be? I can get it
to move up and down. But, horizontally I can only make it be justified
left, right or center. It cannot be moved left and right.

You can edit the text style (under the "House Styles" menu). There are five possibilities. If this is not enough, you could build a new text style similar to "Title" but based on a text style that will move both horizontally or vertically.

2 - In Finale you have quanitzation settings and can 're-transcribe' all
or part of the music based on those settings after music has already been
inputed (or imported via midi). Those settings include the ability to have
or not have a 2nd voice. In Sibelius I can import midi files (or use the
flexi thingy) and specify the quantization, more or less, but I cannot
figure out any way to re-transcribe the music to new quantization settings
or to merge Sibelius' voices into one, the voices being, I guess, anlagous
to Finale's layers. I can't even find a quantization setting. I usually
don't do much midi importing, but right now I have a need to do that and I
find I use the 're-transcribe' Finale function a lot when dealing with
midi files.

I'm not sure of re-transcribe but you could simply change the quantization and re-import the midi. That would probably be as fast as a re-transcribe function. As to combining voices, that would be pretty easy if the rhythms are the same. You can highlight a section and press "alt-1" from the top number row (not the ten key), assuming you want them in voice 1. Midi import usually requires some clean up but there are a selection of plug ins that help with that also.

As the saying goes, "we are not impressed." (Yet).

Keep looking, you just might like what you see. Then again you may always prefer Finale.

Richard Smith
www.rgsmithmusic.com