At 07:20 PM 7/12/05 -0700, Mark D Lew wrote:
>On Jul 10, 2005, at 7:17 PM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
>
>> And another one -- the bass-clef first-note speedy-entry bug. Type
>> along
>> from the computer keyboard and at random the first note of some
>> measures
>> will be way up high, as if it were displaying a treble clef. The bug's
>> still there in 2005b.
>
>This is correlated to what keystroke in Speedy you use to enter the new
>frame.  Some of them don't "remember" the clef properly.  The problem
>is cleared as soon as you use one of the keystrokes that rechecks.

I use the forward arrow as I'm touch-typing, right hand on the
numeric/arrow/control blocks and left hand on the right side of the
standard keyboard (starting at the 9-O-L column). I usually exit the frame
to clear this bug. What keystroke rechecks?

>Pretty sad that the bug
>was never fixed.  I sometimes get the impression that speedy Qwerty
>entry doesn't get much attention.

Man, speedy is so fast for me, especially when composing. My autorepeat is
set to the fastest Windows allows (never fast enough for my taste), so I
know exactly how long to hold the up/down arrows to move the cursor
multiple positions.

>(Far more annoying is the fact that
>the "enter" key does not act on the previous entry when the cursor is
>at the end of a frame, as just about every other Speedy key does.  That
>would save a ton of effort in entering piano parts that have lots of
>chords.)

Yes, I noticed that, but I tend to enter the additional notes after the
basic notes/rhythms of the measure are already filled in. Maybe I got into
that habit because of the behavior you mention ... it's been a long time,
and speedy was my default entry method when I started with Finale in
version 2.2 (I've never used simple or a Midi keyboard).

Dennis