Ken Moore wrote:

"David W. Fenton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote

I wish there were a number of things that could be locked and not changed:

1. manual spacing

2. cautionary accidentals

3. manual beaming breaks

All of these edits, despite my having explicitly told Finale I want to override the defaults, are volatile and get blown away by the simplest changes. Numbers 2 & 3 really oughtn't get overriden at all, and your request, for the ability to lock a measure's spacing, would be a very good thing. If that were combined with the addition of a spacing metatool keyboard modifier to force-override that locked spacing (such as ctrl-4), that would be even better.

Not quite the same, but reading this reminded me of it: I use dotted
quarter rests in 6/8, 9/8 and 12/8, because I think it makes it easier
to see where the beats are. Whenever I copy a measure, Finale turns each
of these into a quarter plus an eighth. This is just what I would expect
Sibelius to do (:-)> but is there somewhere that I can tell Finale to
believe me?

In the quantization settings (perhaps in the More Options button) there is a "Use Dotted Rests" checkbox.

--
David H. Bailey