On 15 Jul 2005 at 10:17, Godofredo Romero wrote:

> I've had this and other more or less similar problems with my
> cherished Finale, like not getting any response or coming to a
> complete halt when there is an 8a or loco indication, and after trying
> to talk Finale, speaking softly to it's ear, into doing what it is
> supposed to do or what I need it to do I recur to a workaround I have
> successfully used with graphic design softwares like Quark Express
> which is to a) save the document with a completely different name, and
> if that doesn't work b) quit Finale, open it again, create a new fresh
> blank document with the same characteristics as the one which is
> giving me trouble and mass copy everything from it onto the new
> document, and up until now it works all the time. This is time
> consuming, I know, but it's a solution.

Whenever I have batch processes in Finale that come to a halt, I
expect some form of data inconsistency, and go to Data Check and run
the CHECK FILE CONSISTENCY. Almost every time, some minor problem is
found and corrected.

It doesn't always eliminate the problem (for instance, the MusicXML
plugin in Win2K3 can't convert a number of my files), but it's at
least something to try.

All non-quoted content (c) David W. Fenton, all rights reserved