[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

With all of the hoopla about no saxes in GPO, If I remember correctly the Kontakt player that will be part of Finale 2006 will be able to load any NI Samples. Since the sounds that ship with Sibelius play thru their Kompakt player, I wonder if the Sibelius sounds will show up as an option in Finale's Kontakt player midi outs? That would be interesting. Then at least a tenor sax would be available.

From what I've read on the Sibelius list, the sounds which ship with Sibelius ONLY appear to the player which is part of Sibelius -- it's supposedly a very proprietary thing. You can't use non-sibelius sounds with it, even if you own a million dollars of ni samples.

But since Finale will work with ni samples, if you already own any, you can use them, just not the Sibelius ones, again, from what I've understood on postings on the Sibelius list.

--
David H. Bailey