Um, did I rank any of Chuck's achievements? Did I say "cooler than"? Do I need a lecture on who the jazz greats are? Is Lenny Bruce "a comedian?"

Ken

At 08:57 PM 7/23/2005, you wrote:

On Jul 16, 2005, at 11:30 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Now that is a cool thing to have on your "resume," Chuck.  That's great.

Ken

Cooler than playing WITH Bill Evans, John Coltrane, Herbie Hancock, and directing the National Jazz Ensemble? I dunno, but I would have ranked those achievements above playing opposite a comedian. Not to put you down, Ken, but the first three names are generally among most people's top ten when listing the most masterful players in jazz. Being associated, even briefly, on the same artistic level with any ONE of them would be a career highlight for the vast majority of jazz players. And I'm sure Chuck's list is even longer than the one I gave, which are only the items that came to me off the top of my head.

Christopher

Remember Lenny Bruce's schtick on "What I don't understand is why
saying 'F%$# You' is a BAD thing??"

Ken

_

Chuck Israels wrote:

I certainly do.  I spent 6 weeks working opposite him at the Village
Vanguard some (how many!?) years ago.