Johannes Gebauer wrote:

Having become quite curious I downloaded the Sibelius 4 demo last night. I haven't spent much time with it, but I noticed that it did install the Helsinki font. I haven't attempted to use it in Finale, but I'd like to know if I could and if that would be legal. Anyone?

Johannes

Of course the legality varies according to country, but my non-lawyer interpretation would be:

1) they provided you with the font for free, voluntarily;
2) they placed no time limit on your keeping the demo on your computer;
3) they have not control over which program(s) you can use any specific font with, provided the font is legally installed on your computer; 4) you didn't download the font from an unlicensed source, you haven't pirated a copy of the program, you used no unlawful means to gain a copy of that font;

Go ahead and use it -- they gave it to you! Whether or not all the characters are mapped the same as Finale expects remains to be seen, but it won't hurt you to try it.

--
David H. Bailey