On 27 Jul 2005 at 23:14, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

> At 08:00 PM 7/27/05 -0700, Ken  Durling wrote:
> >><http://californiamusicfestival.org/home.html>
> >Wow, that really is an awful site!.
>
> Maybe, but I can't even get it because on Firefox I have Flashblock
> installed, and IBM Homepage Reader is a speech reader. With no regular
> alternative, it's officially inaccessible. Hope they don't get public
> funds, because ADA Section 508 requires accessibility.

Oops! I never meant to send that post to the list -- it was intended
for Ken, alone.

Yes, the website really, really sucks.

I have flashblock, too, and have to click on each one to navigate
around it.

Here's what I had designed for their website:

  http://www.dfenton.com/CMF/

I was going to do it all for free, but the significant other of one
of the Festival board members is a "web designer," so he did it (it
was complete nepotism). I was never even told that they were
replacing the website.

I haven't even bothered to tell my friend, the artistic director,
that the sight sucks a big green one.

I still support the Festival, though. I think it's a really fine
program.